Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 60 minutes
List of ingredients to make Pumpkin stuffed with mushrooms and cream for 4 people
Today, we are going to focus on a seasonal, cozy and delicious recipe that will please the whole family. You will need:
- A beautiful pumpkin;
- 250g button mushrooms;
- 2 shallots;
- 20cl of liquid cream;
- 100g grated Gruyere cheese;
- Salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste.
Don’t worry, the steps are really simple, you will see:
With this recipe you have a nice mix of proteins, vegetables and good fats. For a lighter version, you can replace the liquid cream with soy cream and the gruyere with low-fat cheese. That said, each portion is already quite reasonable and rich in fiber thanks to the pumpkin and mushrooms.
Tips and variations
So here are some ideas to twist this recipe according to your tastes:
- You can add ham or bacon diced in the stuffing for a more carnivorous version;
- If you’re not a fan of mushrooms, replace them with spinach or leeks;
- For an exotic version, you can add curry or coconut milk to the cream.
And there you have it, all you have to do is get into the kitchen!