A substantive edit by Nancy Rue includes:
- A thorough read-through of the manuscript
- Margin comments pertaining to:
- Plot development
- Consistency of voice and style
- Point of view/interior monologue
- Any patterns of smaller issues (Ex: comma/then, long speaker tags, etc.)
- Complete written feedback, which includes all the areas in which the author excels in addition to those that require revision; Nancy will also attach explanatory documents when appropriate.
- A follow-up phone call or Skype session with the author to address questions and concerns.
The edit is positive and upbeat, designed to help the author get the manuscript to its best possible place.